Be sure to check out our E3 hub for 2017 all week long to get the latest gaming news, previews and announcements right from the convention floor!
That was some Microsoft E3 2017 presentation, huh? I certainly didn’t expect it to run that long. But at least now we have closure. We know Project Scorpio is called the Xbox One X and will cost $499 when it launches on November 7, 2017. We know more about projects like Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves. Most importantly, we can stop using that same microchip image for every story!
With that, let’s go over some of the most important points from Microsoft’s E3 2017 press briefing.
Xbox One X
It took Microsoft three years to make the Xbox One X, and it kept power, compatibility, and craftmanship in mind the whole time. The Xbox One X has a 6 Teraflop GPU clocked at 1.172 Ghz with 12GB GDDR Memory, 12GB of GDDR5 memory, a liquid-cooled vapor champer, and True 4K, all packed into the smallest Xbox ever built. All Xbox One accessories and games work with Xbox One X with super sampling, isotrophic filtering, and faster load times that will make all games look better even on 1080p TVs.
Forza Motorsport 7
Forza Motorsport 7 is coming to the Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Windows 10. In addition, the Porsche 2018 911 GT2RS supercar made its world debut during the conference. The game will run at native 4K and 60 FPS on the Xbox One, with super high resolution assets. It features 700 cars, largest collection of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches ever assembled. It will debut on October 3, 2017.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins
Assassin's Creed: Origins is set in Egypt, during Cleopatra’s reign. Bayek is the last member of his community and helped found the Assassin’s. RPG elements are being added to a systemic world. In footage shown running on an Xbox One X, we saw Bayek returning to his hometown, Siwa, to kill a false oracle. He is able to use a hawk, named Senu, to get a better view of areas. It will be released on the Xbox One, as well as PlayStation 4, on October 27, 2017.
Minecraft will be unified across mobile, VR, Windows 10 PCs, and consoles with cross-play. Massive community-run servers will be added to the game, as well as player created skins and textures. A 4K update arrives in fall 2017 with the Super Duper Graphics Pack.
Sea of Thieves
Sea of Thieves takes place in a shared world where everyone works together on a ship to deal with other people. Can adventure on ships, traverse lands, and drive underwater to explore shipwrecks and the deep, all in search of treasure. Everyone has to play their part to succeed in heists and adventures. It will be on the Xbox One and Windows 10 as a play anywhere title and debut in early 2018.
Sumo Digital and Microsoft are behind the Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive Crackdown 3. It will be a play anywhere title. It will feature 4K Ultra HD and HDR on the Xbox One X. Terry Crews appeared to hype it up and will be playing Commander Jaxon. It will be out November 7, 2017.
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War will have Nemesis Fortresses and allow you to build an army of followers. Mordor is filled with Orc societies. You will need to recruit a certain number of followers before you can even attempt to take a fortress, and then assign the people you do have to your armies. Your followers will handle the minor enemies, letting you focus on the fortress' overlord. It will have 4K Ultra HD and HDR on the Xbox One X. It will be out October 10, 2017.
Xbox games are coming to the backwards compatibility program later this year. Xbox games will look and play better on the Xbox One. Crimsons Skies will be among the backwards compatible Xbox games. Also, over 385 Xbox 360 games are part of the backwards compatibility library now.
Anthem is an open-world game from BioWare and EA. Players are Freelancers, warriors who head outside of the walled city in exosuits called Javelins to fulfill missions for the community. These Javelins are customizable and each plays differently, with the Ranger being balanced and the Colossus being a powerhouse. These suits can fly, making it easier to traverse the world. It will be out in 2018.
- 42 games were featured at the press conference, with 22 being exclusives.
- Metro Exodus, 4A Games’ latest game, is arriving in 2018.
- Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds will come to the Xbox One later this year, with Xbox One X enhancements at launch.
- Deep Rock Galactic is an Xbox One console launch exclusive and Xbox One X enchanced, with Mixer interactivity.
- State of Decay 2 is an Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive and play anywhere title. It is an Xbox One X enhanced title. It will be out in Spring 2018.
- The Darwin Project is an Xbox One console launch exclusive and is Xbox One-enhanced with Mixer interactivity that lets viewers help players.
- Dragon Ball Fighterz coming from Arc System Works and Bandai Namco, and it will be Xbox One enhanced. It has 3v3 battles and will arrive in 2018.
- The Black Desert MMORPG is an Xbox One console launch exclusive with 4K Ultra HD on the Xbox One X. It will arrive in early 2018.
- The Last Night is an Xbox One console launch exclusive with 4K Ultra HD and HDR compatibility on the Xbox One X.
- The Artful Escape is an Xbox One console launch exclusive with 4K Ultra HD on the XBox One X. It will also be on Windows 10.
- Code Vein will come to the Xbox One in 2018.
- Tacoma is an Xbox One console launch exclusive from Fullbright. It will be out August 2, 2017.
- Super Lucky's Tale is an Xbox One console exclusive and will also be available on Windows 10 devices. It will be available in 4K Ultra HD on the Xbox One X. It is also a play anywhere title and will be out on November 7, 2017.
- Cuphead is an Xbox One console exclusive and a play anywhere title for the Xbox One and Windows 10. It will be out September 29, 2017.
- Ashen is an Xbox One console launch exclusive. It will be available on Windows 10 and the Xbox One.
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm will be a three episode series on the Xbox One and star Chloe and Rachel. The first episode will appear August 31, 2017.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps is an Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive.
- Free 4K updates to 4K will be provided for Gears of War 4, Forza 3, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2, Minecraft, Final Fantasy XV, Resident Evil VII, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and Rocket League.